Whether you’re the type of girl who coats on mascara every day or loves a more bare, natural look, we can all agree that full, luscious lashes make us feel feminine, beautiful and confident. Since the days of Cleopatra, women have longed for beautiful, voluminous lashes, and if you’re reading this blog, you’re probably one of them! Below, we break down the perfect lash routine, our favorite tips and tricks, and must-have products to help you achieve bat-worthy lashes.
1. Always make sure to completely remove your makeup
Let’s get straight to the point – sleeping in makeup, specifically mascara, is really bad for the health of your lashes, your eyes and your lids. It can cause breakage, irritation, inflammation and infections. To ensure all makeup is removed, we recommend using a micellar water
. Micellar water is made up of microscopic spheres called micelles
suspended in soft water, which acts like a magnet to draw out dirt and oil. They are able to remove makeup, sebum, oil and dirt seamlessly, leaving behind clean, moisturized lashes and skin. Clean lashes = happy lashes!
2. Introduce a lash serum to your daily routine
Makeup, hormones and environmental aggressors can damage lashes, making them weak, brittle and prone to breakage. Lash serums help protect and strengthen lashes; using a lash serum
daily, and applying to clean lashes, will ensure lashes have the nutrients they need to remain strong, healthy, and beautiful – just like you*
3. Get an eye cream that does both
You may think eye creams and lashes are in completely separate categories, but think again! We created a genius multi-tasking eye gel and primer that is just as good for your orbital contour and lids as it is for your lashes and brows. Perfect for morning or nighttime use, this eye gel hydrates, primes and soothes the eye area while adding strength to lashes and brows (be sure to apply your lash serum first!). See – the perfect eye cream does exist.
4. Use a lash-loving mascara
If you want amazing lashes, you’re most likely using a mascara. Many mascaras can be drying, and most lack ingredients that nourish the lashes. By now, you know we love a multi-tasking product, so it shouldn’t surprise you that we created a mascara that not only volumizes and lengthens lashes, but also moisturizes, improves shine and conditions them too! Not only will your lashes look long, lush and fabulous, but they’ll also be strong, flexible and conditioned. What’s not to love about that?
Other lash love tips:
- When washing face or removing makeup, make sure to use a light touch and avoid tugging or pulling at lashes.
- Waterproof makeup is hard to remove, drying, and often leads to lash loss. We recommend staying away from waterproof products for daily use.
- If using a lash curler, make sure to replace the lash pad regularly.
- Replace your mascara every few months, as they can easily carry bacteria that leads to irritation. Plus, they dry out and compromise performance which ultimately effects the end result.
- Lash extensions and lash lifts are amazing, but can be extremely damaging to the health of lashes. Make sure to use a lash serum in conjunction with these treatments to create and keep a strong foundation to support them.
Ready to get the best lashes of your life? Shop the products your lashes will love here.
*RevitaLash® Advanced is not available in California